Sunday, April 8, 2012

District Conference

Both teams met up again during the District Conference at the Boar's Head Inn, Charlottesville. We would give a preview of our presentation.  The audience loved the trailer we made previewing our arrival and many compliments on our upbeat, high energy presentation. The team members arrived on Thursday evening, I did not arrive until Friday morning, so during their evening meal they voted to not preform the YMCA song in Korea.  I was okay with that, but pointed out the we did have to offer some from of entertainment at the end of the presentation.  After a couple of options they all agreed to "Take me out to the ballpark"  which is appropriate as baseball is America's favorite past-time and we all know the words.  Nate even went as far as to make a logo and ordered T-shirts for us, we will all bring our own baseball caps to wear.
Two teams at District conference
(Team member, Chris, was unavailable)

The Korean Team dressed in traditional Hanbok, which were all amazing; Mr Park's outfit was the same that he wore at his wedding, many years ago. Suk & Jihyun were breathtaking in their outfits and the men equally handsome.  And, while I have several saris from my travels to India the Hanbok are all individually made and quite costly, so not on my shopping list while there.

The team returned to Gwangju on the 5th and we are looking forward to seeing them again in 11 days!

The countdown starts,  I have purchase my host gifts, as well as those for the Rotary leaders in Gwangju and for children that I know we will meet. The business cards, thank you cards & brochures should all arrive by the weekend.  I did not get the brochures in Korean, my only regret.  I will put the presentation on at least one other team member's laptop as I will only have the flash drive.   My netbook is being used by Chad for school, after his laptop's screen died and he wants to wait to get the newest apple in a couple of months.  A friend has offered the loan of her IPad so I can still blog & email, thanks Linda!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment