Sunday, April 8, 2012

East Meets West

Both Teams with Maggie & Max
While it's been some time but here is an update.  Both the inbound and outbound GSE teams met at my home on March 18th, What a great opportunity to discuss each team's perspective. The Korean team is a fun group and even with a language barrier we were able t communicate.  I think we got he better end of the deal as they were half way through their journey and we had 1 month before ours is to begin.  We took group pictures and discussed what to take, what not to take, what it's like at a host family home.  The basics, mainly we know to pack small and light and a suitcase with 4 wheels is the best. The team knows to be open to all new experiences and is looking forward to our departure, just 16 days away.  Team member Jihyun help me with my translations on the presentation.  Google translate doesn't get it quite right.  So I am immensely grateful for her assistance.


Two Team Leaders

The outbound team w/ Maggie & Max (seated)
Three of the team members stayed at my home but often all 5 were present, as it made it easier for meals.  They especially liked that I had Korean food available.  Thank goodness for the Korean Grocer in Newport News who showed me what to buy.  The team especially liked the homemade Kimchi and spicy noodles.  I had some help cooking the octopus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment